Thursday, November 8, 2012

A year later - still no sleep

I have been a dad now for a little bit over a year and it has been great. My son has grown like crazy and it has been quite a change in my life. He finally met his aunts Susanne and Nina from Germany in February. It was awesome to see my sister again. We had a great time and I think they really bonded, even though the visit was short.
My dad came over in a surprise visit in May, which was probably the best birthday present I could have ever had. I am grateful to have some awesome friends and clients! Kieran won my dad over within minutes and it was awesome to see my dad with my son.
Kieran stubbornly resisted all attempts to getting him to crawl but he excelled in reaching things around him without actually having to move from his spot
. One of his favorite places is the shower, I have never seen a baby sit and play in the shower for 30 min :) but then, I don't spend much time around other babies.
The two most important people in my life!


He consistently refuses to crawl or walk but has started scooting around on his butt about 3 months ago. Since then he has discovered about everything in his reach but the most favorite things are toilette paper and unwrapping it, driving his yellow dump truck that makes more noise than anything else that I know and the slimy, sloppery water of our dog Bella. Oh, I forgot, Mama' s cell phone and computer are highly interesting and he has almost managed to erase all contacts.
Kieran and I have the best time shopping, making raspberry sounds to imitate cars and him flirting with strangers.
An ongoing bout of consecutive colds has lead to a completely interrupted sleep pattern that definitely has robbed all of us of necessary sleep. At this point I suspect sleep will be possible again in about 30-40 years. :)
My little man and I after a run. 
After all this time I have to say that I have one of the cutest, cuddliest babies in the world, and yes, I am subjective and I never thought you could love someone this much after such a short time.



No comments:

Post a Comment